My Blog List

Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 1, 2010

Random Shenanigans & the Cutest Baby in the World



Okay- so I KNOW I promised not to talk about Lilly Whit much on this blog, and I plan to stick to that--HOWEVER, baby girl turned ONE this weekend and I went home for her party. The pictures posted here are of her making two of my favorite faces. The whammy face-- that's her making it in front of the tent I gave her--which she LOVED... Obviously. And the other one is when I'm singing "Stand By Me" to her, complete with percussion and bass noises--- or otherwise doing something else really weird and ridiculous. She just looks at me like: "Who ARE you?!" Ahahahahaha. It's hilarious.

I feel like we really got some good bonding time in this weekend though. She slept in the bed with me on Saturday night-- and it is Un-be-LIEVable how someone so small can take up soooo much room. She's too heavy to sleep on my chest anymore. We tried and I couldn't breathe---so I laid her down beside me. She kept snuggling over further and further to me-- I'm talking right up in the crook of my neck... So I'd scoot over a bit and then there she was again--until I was on the very edge of the bed where I stayed for the rest of the night. I'd be annoyed except I'm pretty sure she gets this trait from ME. Ask my sister, my college roommates or anyone who's ever had a slumber party with me. Ha. I can handle the little snuggle bunny for a night, I guess. Even if it did mean getting absolutely no sleep.
All in all, it was a worthwhile trip to the Delta. I'm always so ready to go home---and then sooo ready to get back!

In other news--I've been channeling Aaron Karo a bit and thinking about some really random things as of late. Here they are.. in no particular order:

  • I really wish that, as far as pets go-- that there was option out there to own a really small cat. I'm talking about a cat that stays the size of a kitten. I have my own house, a fenced in yard, plenty of room for a pet... The problem is--they don't make the pet I want. I want a tiny cat. One that never gets big. People have tiny dogs. I don't understand why this is such an odd request. We can clone human beings, create embryos in a test tube, send people into OUTER SPACE--but no one can tell me where to find a tiny cat? HUMPHF!

  • In general-- I've never been much of a rule follower. I think most people who know me would agree... EXCEPT when it comes to the rules of cooking a Lean Cuisine. I get ready to pop one in the microwave and here's what goes on in my head--Wait--am I supposed to cut a slit in the film cover or pull one corner of it back to vent? Phew! I'm supposed to cut a slit. Good thing I didn't just pull back that corner! Okay, cook on high for 3 minutes and then pull back cover and stir. Got it. Then recover and cook on high for one more minute. Check. Then leave in microwave for 3 to 5 minutes before eating. Oh, better make it 5. I don't want to mess anything up...
  • I've tuned in to the Oprah Winfrey show two times in the past 12 months and BOTH times Kirstie Alley has been her guest. Whaaaat are the odds of that? Seriously?! Anyway,-- Kirstie! Lose the weight, honey. Don't lose the weight, ... WHATEVER! Please just stop talking about it! Geez. No one cares but you.
  • Sometimes- I gchat in only emoticons. Sometimes- it's all you need...
  • I make a pretty good extra income by babysitting in my spare time. I've always done it; I enjoy it, so its a really good gig if you can get it. Most of the families I sit for--I've known for years... like 9 years. So the children, at this point, are reaching that tweenager mark--and I'm going to be honest, I don't really think it is my forte. Example #1: I was keeping 5 children the other night ages 8, 10, 10, 10, and 12. They begged me to let them prank call some of my friends... After thinking about it for oh, a SECOND, I was like-- okay, let's do it! For those of you wondering-- Star 67 still works from a land line. Anyway--I let them call several of my friends and act like they were from a Chinese restaurant. The conversation went mostly like this: (in the best Chinese accent this 10 year old could muster) "You orda Kung Pao Sheekin? I deliver? You want me bring to you now? You have four ordas? Where you live? I bring to you." Most of my friends knew they were being pranked and it was HILARIOUS to hear their reactions. I was pretty much laughing harder than the kids were. After a while--Grace (age 12) was like, "Guys, I don't think we should do this anymore. It's not funny." And I was like--- "Whaaat? This is hilarious. Lighten up, Grace. Geez." Example #2: I was keeping my little Celeste the other day (age 8). I was helping her with her math homework and she was telling me about this guy at her school, Briggs. She said that she thought he had a crush on her... or people say he does anyway. So I'm like--"Well, is he cute?" And she goes, "Eh, not really." And I was like, "well, is he smart?" And she goes, "Eh, not really. And I said, well, is he nice? And she goes "I mean--not really. He's always pulling my hair and poking me and making fun of me." My response: "Ewwww. Whatta weirdo. He sounds lame-E-O!" And she goes, "Yea, lame-E-O!" Then I was like--"Can we watch Phineas and Ferb now?" And she goes, "Sure. Just let me finish this last math problem and I'll come watch it with you in a second."

8 comments:

  1. I mean....that whole Lean Cuisine thing brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard. For such a tiny plastic container and so few calories, there ARE a lot of instructions, arent there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, I have seen a cat in California that never gets bigger than a diet coke can, I guess coke too, but I only drink diet cokes. You maight need to look into that...Love ya', Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. How di you do this so that I'm not ANONYMOUS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pot belly pigs stay fairly small. Ever thought about having one as a pet? I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would DIE if you got a pot belly pig for a pet. Literally DIE. Of laughter or of shock? Not sure what the reason would be....

    Also, not sure which I love more. The fact that you wanted to keep pranking and the girl didn't OR that you were tired of math homework and wanted to watch a Disney channel show and she chose to finish the work. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myra, while I'm convinced of your expert skills with children--pet ownership is a whole 'nother level of responsibility.

    For instance, you have to remember to feed them every day...I'm just saying we've had some cat sitting mishaps where you've been involved...

    Why don't you just keep visiting Winston until you get more comfortable with the whole pet thing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't get a cat...... Ever.

    ReplyDelete