My Blog List

Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

We all Fall Down

Ello, Bloggies... (that's British),

Happy Monday.  I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy and doing well. I wanted to write while the weekend was fresh on my brain. Plus--March is nearly over and I try and blog at least once a month, so here goes. 

I've seen a couple of bumper stickers lately that I felt were worth a mention. I hate a bumper sticker on MY car, but I'm glad other people like them, because I really have found it to be some great reading lately.  The one I saw the other day said:  "Lead me not into temptation.  I can find my way."  I mean... ... can I get an amen?! 

Also, I was on the 440 loop in Nashville a couple of weeks ago beside this HUGE white F150 extended cab pickup truck.  It was dusty as hell and this guy had a four-wheeler in the back and at least one rifle that I could see.  He also had several bumper stickers including one urging us to "coexist" and one that said, "Namaste.  Change comes from within."  I didn't get a good look at his face, but if anyone reading  knows this kid-- tell me-- because I think I might be in love with him.  This town needs more enlightened, self aware men who drive pickup trucks, and that is a FACT.   You can't imagine how hard it is to get anything transported in this town for free. I've resorted to daring methods such as strapping a mattress and box springs down to the top of my SUV.  I now own a set of 4 bungee cords, and don't THINK I don't know how to use them. 

Have you ever been around someone and just thought, "You know-- the more you talk, the less I like you."  Maybe THAT should be a bumper sticker.  I have an epic story about a blind date I went on Friday night, but I'm going to need a little time to process it before I can write about it.  I'm not kidding.  It was THAT bad. 

In other completely random and unrelated filler-- how great is it to watch someone fall down?  Seriously-- I can't even tell you how happy it makes me.  Some of the greatest falls I've ever seen were taken by my good friend Emily Strong Marlow (college - present day).  She's seen me take a few spills in that time too.  We are always able to laugh at ourselves about it, which made the story I'm about to tell that much more hilarious to be able to share with her.  

We went to Five Points Pizza in East Nashville recently.  It's a cool little place with really good slices and a good list of draft beer.  There's no juke box, but they do play a little music overhead.  We were in a booth, but there were two kids sitting near us at a high top table.    Anyway-- this kid couldn't have been more than about 6 years old.  A song came on that he liked, and he started chair dancin'.  It was really cute until he fell out of his chair and went splat on the concrete floor.  Ahahahahaha.  It made a really loud noise.  I'm not even kidding.  [I can't even breathe I'm laughing so hard as I type this!]   He fell out of his chair (bless his little heart) and Emily and I just could NOT stop laughing.  He wasn't hurt or anything--- just embarrassed as all getout.  And he totally saw us laughing uncontrollably, and so did his parents at the table next to him and eventually so did the ENTIRE restaurant.  I mean--- we just couldn't get it together to save our lives.  There were tears in my eyes.  I was literally laughing so hard I was crying. And then the rest of these people started cracking up-- not at this kid, but at US because we were just being so ridiculous. It was amazing, but they may not allow us back in there.

I feel I MUST copy and paste this gchat from Emily that literally just came through as I was typing up this blog:

Emily
hahah
hey i was thinking yesterday about when we were getting out of the cab Saturday night and you were running inside and almost fell into that hole and then over that shovel that was in my yard! hahaha
1:41 PM

 

ahahahahaha
i didnt ALMOST
i did
ahahaaa
oh man
i am actually blogging about falling right now
you are featured
hilarious
Emily
ahahahhaha of course i am!
you were like...oh my gosh why is that shovel in the yard! oh my gosh! ahahhaha
funny stuff, i had a lot of fun that night!

Just too much of a coincidence not to include.  Bwhahahaha.

In closing, there are just a few things listed on my handy dandy notepad that I feel are worth a mention and then I'll leave you to your day.  These are in no particular order or importance... 

- Standing at only 5 ft tall, I find I am CONSTANTLY asking myself (while shopping), ---Is this a shirt or a dress?
 
- How old is Mr. T now?  Seriously.
 
- I liked that Darius guy a lot better when he went by the name of Hootie.  

That's it.  The end.  

Yours ever, 
My


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment