My Blog List

Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Several of you out there have asked me to post with more frequency.  First of all, let me just say--thanks so much for the love!  I am really going to try to keep you, my fans, happy--- but I gotta tell ya (secondly)--- that the frequency of my posts have more to do with the randomness of my day than anything else.  If yall are okay with that-- let's get right down to it:

I like a lot of things about Nashville.   My friends, my job, my house, my neighbors, the vast array of single men in this town... and last but certainly not least:  My church.  I've been attending West End Community for over 8 yrs.  I have some great friends there, the music is AWESOME , and last week  (along with a few others) I was running just a few minutes late on Sunday and I found my preacher, Carter Crenshaw, outside the front door frantically waving his hands in the air and yelling loudly: "Come on in, Sinners!!! Yall come on in!!"  Ahahahahahaha.  Hey, it's not for everyone, but I dig it.

It has recently been brought to my attention that I dated a nerd.  You may have picked up on the fact that I don't blog much about current relationships.  The men in my life don't seem to like it (and honestly--why jinx a good thing, right?) but anything in the past is sort of in the "no holds barred" territory in my opinion.  I had one date with this dude a few months ago-- who I actually kind of liked-- but for whatever reason, he didn't like me, and I never heard from him again after that.  He was a friend of a friend and it was set-up sort of thing.  After about a week of not hearing from him--- I called my friend Melissa hoping she would be able to make me feel better.  I am paraphrasing here, but the conversation went basically like this:

Roll camera:
 
 ...  Melissa: "Oh, Myra, puh-lease and whatever!  I used to work with that guy and every Christmas he used to dress his car up like a reindeer!  I can't even believe you liked him."

Myra:  "Um.. WHAT?!  Melissa!!!  It is completely unacceptable for you to withhold this type of information from me!  I thought we were BEST FRIENDS!"

Melissa:  "We ARE best friends... but I thought you liked him so I wasn't going to say anything."

Myra:  "We are NOT best friends!  What if me and "ole what's-his-name" had worked out, Melissa?!  I can not BELIEVE you were going to just let me go through life dating a guy who dresses his car as a REINDEER at Christmas time!  I'm going to need some time to get over this."

Melissa: "Okay, fine.  Call me when you're over it.

Myra:  "Fine. I WILL. Humphf!" 


Click. End scene.

In other news--  I really hate it when someone tells me I am photogenic like it is supposed to be some sort of a compliment.  Really?!  They might as well just go ahead and say "You are SO much prettier in pictures than you are in real life."  And I am supposed to say thank you to this?  I don't THINK so.  I've started calling people out when they say this.  Try it.  You won't be sorry, I promise.  They get so awkward and it.is.hilarious.

I don't have much else for you today unless you want to talk about The Bachelor.  Okay-- you DO want to talk about the Bachelor? 

My predictions so far are that Emily makes it as one of the front-runners, and Michelle gets a hold of a gun or a knife or an ice pic from somewhere and kills every woman in the house. 
I'd post pics and links to these females if I had time, but I don't -- and really-- you all should just watch it because it's the absolute best show on television.

That's all.  The end.

Your's ever,
Myra

2 comments:

  1. #1 Pet peeve...christmas decorations on cars! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Love...Christmas decorations on cars! ESPECIALLY the red nose and reindeer antlers. What?

    =I'm totally with you on the Bachelor predictions.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete